Views: 5 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-08-19 Origin: Site
Codonopsis, also known as Huangshen, Shang Codonopsis, Zhongling, etc., is a common perennial herb in my country. Codonopsis ginseng is produced in mountainous forests and shrubs at an altitude of 1560-3100 meters in northern China. It is prolific in southeastern Tibet, western Sichuan, northwestern Yunnan, eastern southern Gansu, southern Shaanxi, Guizhou, Ningxia, eastern Qinghai, Henan, Shandong, Shanxi, Hebei, Inner Mongolia and Northeast regions.
Codonopsis is sweet in taste and flat in nature. There are invigorating Qi, quenching thirst, invigorating the spleen and benefiting the lungs, nourishing blood and producing body fluid. It is used for deficiency of spleen and lung qi, lack of appetite, fatigue, cough and asthma, lack of qi and blood, pale complexion, palpitations, shortness of breath, thirst in the body and wounds, and internal heat for quenching thirst. Lazy speech, shortness of breath, weakness of limbs, poor appetite, deficiency of qi, deficiency of both qi and fluid, deficiency of qi and blood, and chlorosis of blood deficiency. But the evidence is unresolved and full of evil truth can not be used. The efficacy of this product is similar to that of ginseng, but its medicinal power is weak. To treat general deficiency syndrome, it can be used instead of ginseng.
1. Codonopsis Root is slightly cylindrical, fusiform cylindrical or long conical, with few branches or branches below the middle, 15-45cm long and 0.45-2.5cm in diameter. Surface gray-yellow, gray-brown or reddish-brown, with irregular longitudinal grooves and shrinkage, sparse horizontally long lenticels, multiple annular wrinkles on the upper part, especially close to the root head. The root head has many protruding stem scars and bud scars, integrated spherical, commonly known as "lion pan head".
Sometimes a black-brown gelatinous substance can be seen at the broken root, which is the overflow of milk and condensed (vulgar thin oil spots). The texture is soft or hard, the section is relatively flat, some are horny, the skin is thick, yellow-white, light brown or tan, often with cracks, and there is a dark brown ring at the junction with the xylem, and the xylem accounts for about the root diameter. 1/3-1/2, pale yellow. The gas is slightly fragrant, the taste is sweet, and there is no residue when chewing.
2. Suhua Codonopsis: The root is slightly shorter, not more than 30cm long, with few branches. The surface is gray-brown, the cork is rough, hangs or twists, and the upper ring is dense; there are many oil spots. The quality is tough, and the section is not very smooth. Chew it with slag.
3. Sichuan Codonopsis: There are few branches in the lower part of the root. The surface is gray-brown, the cork often falls off partially, and the upper ring pattern is sparse. The skin of the cross section is hypertrophic with few cracks. The taste is slightly sweet and sour.
4. Tube flower Codonopsis: The root is branched or slightly branched at the lower part. The surface is shriveled into longitudinal grooves, with sparse horizontally long lenticels and sparse upper rings; the root has a spherical lion pan head, and brown-black gelatinous material overflows at the broken part. Broken flour or sugar-like keratin. Gas slightly fragrant, slightly sweet taste.
5. Cone ginseng: The root is hypertrophic, 20-43cm long and 1-3cm in diameter. There are shriveled longitudinal grooves on the surface, often twisted, with dense rings on the upper part, and tapering upward from the middle to the root head, habitually sparse "snake worm head"; rhizomes have many fine stem scars or bud scars. There are small fissures arranged radially, with a specific odor.
6. Grey hair often ginseng: some of the lower part of the root is only. The cross section is slightly powdery, and needle-like bright spots can be seen. Has a peculiar smell.
The root strips are thick and strong, the flesh is soft and broad, the aroma is strong, the sweetness is heavy, and the chewing without residue is better.
Usually, Codonopsis can be used to make tea or put it in a container for decoction. Making tea is a good choice. It is not difficult to eat and convenient. It is time-consuming to decoct, but it has high medicinal value. It can also be used to make stewed soup, ginseng porridge, ginseng jujube rice, etc. are all delicious dishes made of Codonopsis, which can regulate the function of the human body, make the body qi and blood unblocked, and make the complexion ruddy. It can also be used for people with weak hands and feet, who are easily fatigued, and sometimes fatigue caused by excessive mental stress or improper diet. Codonopsis can be used for conditioning.
people with strong qi and fire: people with strong qi and fire usually have more qi and fire in the body, which is manifested as red eyes, irritability, dry mouth, etc., and Codonopsis has the effect of invigorating the middle and benefiting qi. . If people with excessive qi and fire eat Codonopsis, it will aggravate the body's qi and fire, and then aggravate the symptoms of discomfort;
Demonstration and Heat Syndrome: People with Demonstration and Heat Syndrome usually have more internal fire in the body, manifesting as upset eyes, red eyes, irritability, etc. Codonopsis has the effect of nourishing the spleen and benefiting the lungs, nourishing blood and promoting body fluid. If people with evidence and heat syndrome eat Codonopsis, the tonic effect on the body is too strong, which may aggravate the symptoms of excess heat in the body, which is not conducive to disease control;
Those who use hellebore: Codonopsis can not be used together with hellebore. Codonopsis is a tonic drug, and people with weak Qi cannot use hellebore, and the use of the two at the same time causes conflict in drug treatment.